Fibreglass roofing systems have seen a massive increase in popularity over the past decade, and the reasons for this astronomical growth are vast. As a sector within the roofing industry, fibreglass has witnessed a growth of 4% consecutively, year-on-year. As industry continues to modernise, increasing numbers of private businesses, public organisations and property owners are investing more resources in roofing solutions that are durable, easily maintained and environmentally friendly. In this blog post, the experts at Nationwide Fibreglass share some of the major benefits of fibreglass roofing.
We’ve already touched upon the rising popularity of fiberglass roofing structures, and some industry statistics demonstrate just how strong this popularity really is, with the industry predicted to reach a whopping $19.9 billion by next year. Business leaders and homeowners across Ireland have joined the trend, and we are proud to stand as the island’s foremost experts in fibreglass roofing. Across the course of our 12 years leading this industry, we have installed over 8,600 fibreglass roofing structures, with over 7,400 happy clients. Our reputation is one that we don’t take lightly, and the benefits of our solution are testament to that.
The Advantages of Fibreglass Roofing
- Versatility: When we meet clients, we are often asked what separates fibreglass roofing solutions from other options on the market, including felt, slate and others. We explain that the benefits of fibreglass roofing are vast. First and foremost, fibreglass as a roofing material is highly versatile, allowing us to apply the system to a huge range of structures. Whilst this type of roofing structure is most commonly used for flat roof structures, we commonly install and maintain these systems on pitched roofs.
- Durability & Longevity: The versatility of fibreglass roofing is matched only by its durability, and here we find one of the core differentiators between felt and fibreglass. Fibreglass typically lasts over twice as long as felt, with felt roofing structures typically offering a fairly short lifespan of between 6-8 years. In the vast majority of cases, we’ve seen that fibreglass roofing structures last up to 20 years, representing a significant and important investment for your home, office or business premises. When you install our fibreglass roofing products on your property, you can proceed with total peace of mind regarding the longevity of the material. When it comes to the selection of materials, there are few solutions out there that offer the same level of durability and longevity than fibreglass.
- Ease of maintenance: We’ve already highlighted just how durable fibreglass roofing systems are. This benefit also translates to a maintenance process that is relatively simple and easily carried out by our team of fitters and engineers. The truly innovative structure of fibreglass as a chemical material means that it is totally seamless, which drastically reduces the likelihood of environmental erosion and water damage. In the unlikely event of such damage, issues can be quickly identified and rapidly rectified.
- Convenience: When it comes to material selection for roofing systems, it doesn’t get more convenient than fibreglass. The seamless nature of its structure means that there is no wastage, reducing pressure on local landfill and presenting itself as a more environmentally friendly alternative to felt, which is rarely recycled. The material is pre-cut on our manufacturing premises, significantly speeding up the transport and installation process.
- Safety: At Nationwide Fibreglass, we recognise that safety is a major concern for all of our clients, public and private. When you opt for one of our fibreglass products, you can live and work in total confidence that your roofing material has been created using laminates that are corrosion-resistant and resins that are fire-retardant. In any premises where safety is a priority, the choice of fibreglass is an absolute essential.
At Nationwide Fibreglass, we’ve been championing this innovative material for over a decade. We offer a range of fibreglass products, each carrying their own unique benefits. To find out some overview information about these products and their range of benefits, keep reading.
This fibreglass solution is manufactured by Scott Bader Company Ltd, who a leading authority in polyester chemistry and the production of high quality construction and roofing materials. This brand brings an unrivalled knowledge resource and excellent customer support services. When it comes to the manufacturing of polyester resin development, Bader is at the forefront of the industry.
Unlike many other fibreglass products, RES-TEC uses a powder hardener for faster curing, whilst also being reinforced with fibreglass CSM for ultimate durability and crack-resistance. Incredibly versatile, this product can even coat common surfaces including felt, concrete, timber and asphalt, meaning that overlaying work can be completed without any stripping or refitting.
Res-Tec systems are fire tested to BS 476-3 Rating: F.AA and EN 13501-5(4) Rating: BROOF(t4). This is the highest rating a flat roof system can achieve and allows for unrestricted use under UK regs. The products are also LABC Registered Detail certified (Certificate No.EW1000), ensuring compliance with the latest building rules and legislation. The system is applied as a one coat (10 year repair system) or two coat (20 year roofing system) system, using 225g/m2 fibreglass CSM for extra tough membrane protection that lasts decades.
One of the most popular fibreglass products we offer is Dryseal, which is produced in the United Kingdom in accordance with strict BS EN ISO 9001-2008 Quality Control procedures, and also in accordance with product performance and compliance standards that were established in the British Board of Agrément. The long-term guarantee of this product is a significant benefit and is insured through a network of experienced and approved contractors.
Unlike many ‘wet lay’ systems, the speed of installation is incredibly fast thanks to its means of fixing and jointing. Furthermore, its high impact resistance is supported by its liquid-only resin during the sealing of joints between various component parts. This drastically reduces the likelihood of lengthy delays caused by adverse weather conditions and other environmental circumstances.
And, like many fibreglass roofing products, dryseal is incredibly versatile and flexible, allowing it to be applied with ease in both cold and warm roof configurations. It carries a 20 year guarantee with an average lifespan of 30 years, with pre-cured parrots factory-manufactured under BS EN ISO 9001 and 14001 quality and environmental standards.
CureIt comes as one of the most prominent products offered by the team at Nationwide Fibreglass. This fibreglass solution was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in 2016 in the innovation category for the development of the CureIt GRP Roofing System. Like some of the industry leading products we offer, CureIt comes complete with a 20-year guarantee on materials from the manufacturer.
One of the core benefits of this solution is its manufacturer guarantee that flat roofs will remain totally leak-free for two decades. Meanwhile, roofing resins and topcoats by CureIt promote superior bonding characteristics and ultimate flexibility.
We couldn’t discuss the advantages of CureIt without highlighting its temperature resistance, adapted for seasonal variation in climate to permit installation year round, including at temperatures down to 0°C. At Nationwide Fibreglass, we’ve found that this is a significant benefit in construction scenarios in Ireland, where adverse weather conditions often lead to protracted delays.
Get your project off to a start today by contacting the expert customer service team at Nationwide Fibreglass to arrange a totally free consultation. To make further enquiries about our past projects or to get information around pricing, materials and more, get in touch with our dedicated team today.